Friday, April 6, 2012

Today I just want to talk. I have a tendancy to get myself wrapped up in researching and writing about my findings. Well... today I will just say what is on my mind. I am sitting in a coffee shop thinking about how I always want to be at a coffee shop when I am trying to work from home.

After about 30 minutes of being in a coffee shop I am thinking about how amazing my home is for a workspace. I have the most beautiful long table that I had custom built so that I can could spread papers all over it for all of the projects that I manifested. I think about how I can control the temperature because most coffee shops I go to are about 10 degrees cooler than I'd like them to be. I think about how I feel the need to get dressed to make myself feel like a cool kid like all the other folks with thier apple computers and kindles. Hmmmmmm if I were in my place I could be in my underwear and knit slipper boots. I end up missing how I can switch back and forth from my couch to my table and back again. I miss my fresh flowers.

Just think at home I can eat without ordering and drink as many cups of coffee as I want. I can make my latte with almond milk, raw cacoa and whatever else my little heart desires. I can even make it in my favorite mug. My place has my music, my scents, my colors....my everything. So funny how we often want to be somewhere other than where we are. How we think the grass is greener. I guess I am just saying I am thankful for my home. I am so thankful. And... there it is. No corrections. No research. Just me.

 Little Birdie.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. And I love your table and your cute little slippers.

    ReplyDelete